Matt Maruca is the founder and CEO of Ra Optics, which teaches people about the essential roles that light plays in health and develops the most advanced light therapy-based products in the world.
The discovery that we are beings of light ultimately led him onto a spiritual journey, seeking to realize who we really are. He spends his time meditating, surfing, building his company, teaching about his findings, working with top-level celebrities, and traveling around the world.
Matt is generously offering a special discount to Thought Room listeners for 15% off their first purchase from Ra Optics, which includes eyewear and courses. Code: THOUGHTROOM
Thought Roomies- I started a Telegram channel!!! More than 190+ you have already joined this free community where you’ll receive my daily musings, poetry, playlists, meditations, insights, live streams, and more! Want to get into my inner circle? Click here → https://t.me/hallie_rose ←
If You Enjoy The Thought Room Please Subscribe and Give Us a 5-Star Rating ★★★★★ and Review on Apple Podcasts or give us a shoutout on Instagram with your favorite moment from this episode for a chance to be re-shared. Find me on Instagram @hallie_rosebud and @thoughtroompodcast.
If the Thought Room means something to you, I want to know.
Your voice means the world, and YOU matter to me.
Please consider writing me a line or two, or share your excitement by tapping the link below.
As a thank you, download my free gift to you: 5 Minutes to Freedom Meditation https://www.hallierose.com/meditation
This episode is sponsored by:
Click here —> RaOptics.com
Use the coupon code “THOUGHTROOM” for 15% off your online purchase!
3rd Eye Cacao:
Click here —> https://thirdeyecacao.com/thoughtroom
Use the coupon code “THOUGHTROOM” for 15% off!
Why cacao? As an excellent alternative to coffee, cacao is rich in theobromine, a native relative to caffeine. Theobromine’s heart-opening effects energize the body and elevate the mood. Third Eye Cacao is organically grown, hand picked and sun-dried. Just boil water— Third Eye Cacao is easy enough for your morning ritual, and pure enough to be used for cacao ceremonies! (Check out Ep. 40 with Third Eye Founder, Neil Ryan Dumra).
Somatic Release Breathwork:
Click here —> Somatic Release Breathwork Training with Steven Jaggers
Use the coupon code “THOUGHTROOM” for $200 off in-person or online training!
Click here —> upgradedformulas.com
Use the coupon code “THOUGHTROOM” for 15% off your first purchase!
12:25: Matt’s learnings from the Dr. Joe Dispenza meditation retreat
- How Matt’s childhood health challenges led to his quest to learn about light
- Matt & Hallie’s journeys with Kriya Yoga
- Our ability to create our realities by tapping into the frequencies of the emotions we want to feel
- How Matt integrated his learnings from Dr. Joe to overcome limiting beliefs and build the company of his dreams
30:13 – The evolution of Matt’s company Ra Optics, which develops light therapy-based products
- Overcoming addiction to suffering
- How to attain the freedom to do what you want while still finding fulfillment in the doing
- Light therapy’s role in the future as the intersection of biology and technology
- Connecting to Divine inspired energy to create positive outcomes in our lives
- Do we need to choose a “shit sandwich” or can we call in a delicious sandwich?
50:16 – The differences between men’s and women’s energy dynamics
- Grind Culture and scarcity mindset
- How the need for safety feeds into energetic blueprints
- Attaining knowledge through firsthand experience vs. listening to the wisdom of those before us
1:02:27 – Matt’s journey with and exploration of light
- How Ra Optics went from being a custom tinting service to offering a line of eyewear and light therapy products
- Starting his business with a hypothesis, then persevering or pivoting based on the findings
1:17:12 – The Light Diet and its four meanings
- The Ayurvedic roots of the Light Diet’s principles
- The benefits of rising before the sun and creating rituals around sunlight exposure
- The safety of sungazing
- Timing your meals to sun’s cycle
- Taking time to enjoy your food and find the pleasure in small things in life such as meals
- Meditation as a spiritual practice to connect to light energy
- Sunscreen: Yay or Nay?
1:52:45 – Practical tips for maximizing the benefits of light
Ra Optics Website | www.raoptics.com
Ra Optics on Instagram | @ra_optics
The Light Diet on Instagram | @thelightdiet
Podcast | The Light Diet
Be Here Now by Ram Dass
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
Steve Jobs: The Exclusive Biography by Walter Isaacson
The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson
Chris Williamson’s Podcast | Modern Wisdom
Dr. Jack Kruse on Instagram | @drjackkruse
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
Zero to One by Peter Thiel
The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
Connect with Hallie Rose:
Thought Room IG | https://www.instagram.com/thoughtroompodcast/
Hallie Rose IG | https://www.instagram.com/hallie_rosebud/
Website | www.thoughtroompodcast.com
WAYS TO SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
→ SUBSCRIBE: Apple, Spotify, YouTube
→ LEAVE A SHORT APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://kite.link/Review Would you please consider leaving a typed review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds and even a line or two makes a really big difference in helping to land prominent guests and help others discover the show!
→ SHARE: Spread the word! Text a friend this episode!
Tag @hallie_rosebud @thoughtroompodcast on your IG story or feed