Jennifer Benetato is a licensed psychotherapist, holistic bodyworker, and teacher of integrative mind-body-spirit therapies.
She has served on the faculty at NYU and The New School and is the founder of The AMBIKA Method®, a comprehensive model for cultivating wellbeing across the six dimensions of wellness. As the host of the Bless the Medicine podcast, Jen is passionate about exposing people to alternative and complementary approaches to healing. You can find her on the dance floor, in retreat centers, and at www.jenniferbenetato.com.
Thought Roomies- I started a Telegram channel a few days ago!! More than 100+ you have already joined this free community where you’ll receive my daily musings, poetry, playlists, meditations, insights, live streams, and more! Want to get into my inner circle? Click here → https://t.me/hallie_rose ←
If You Enjoy The Thought Room Please Subscribe and Give Us a 5-Star Rating ★★★★★ and Review on Apple Podcasts or give us a shoutout on Instagram with your favorite moment from this episode for a chance to be re-shared. Find me on Instagram @hallie_rosebud and @thoughtroompodcast.
If the Thought Room means something to you, I want to know.
Your voice means the world, and YOU matter to me.
Please consider writing me a line or two, or share your excitement by tapping the link below.
As a thank you, download my free gift to you: 5 Minutes to Freedom Meditation https://www.hallierose.com/meditation
This episode is sponsored by:
BetterHelp Online Counseling:
Click here → https://betterhelp.com/thoughtroom
Code: THOUGHTROOM for 10% off your first month
Ayahuasca Retreats at Soltara Healing Center:
Click here → http://soltara.co/thoughtroom
$200 off Ayahuasca retreats at Soltara Healing Center with code THOUGHTROOM.
3rd Eye Cacao:
Click here —> https://thirdeyecacao.com/thoughtroom
Use the coupon code “THOUGHTROOM” for 15% off!
Why cacao? As an excellent alternative to coffee, cacao is rich in theobromine, a native relative to caffeine. Theobromine’s heart-opening effects energize the body and elevate the mood. Third Eye Cacao is organically grown, hand picked and sun-dried. Just boil water— Third Eye Cacao is easy enough for your morning ritual, and pure enough to be used for cacao ceremonies! (Check out Ep. 40 with Third Eye Founder, Neil Ryan Dumra).
1:26 – How leaning into the energetic blueprint of compliments helped Hallie & Jennifer connect
6:08 – Jennifer’s work as a healer in various modalities, including social work and dance therapy
- The evolution of psychotherapy to expand beyond talk therapy
- Resistance as fear in disguise and our power to create the change we seek
15:40 – How we can learn from our body’s natural movements and feel the emotions that come up when we dance
- How dance therapy can provide insight into unconscious or subconscious patterns in our bodies
- Movement signatures and the language of dance
29:19 – Jennifer’s journey of living with an autoimmune disease and her winding path to coherence healing
- The mental and emotional impact of ongoing health challenges and changes in our bodies
48:58 – Empowering ourselves to lean into our feelings without spiritual bypassing or falling victim
- Arriving at a place where we wouldn’t trade our challenges for anything
- The power of supporting those around us without trying to fix their problems for them
- Self love as a portal for connecting with ourselves and others
59:26 – The synchronicities that led Jennifer to live with Ram Dass on Maui and serve as one of his caregivers
- The lessons Ram Dass embodied of allowing ourselves to receive care from others
- The unexpected blessings and miracles of surrendering control and opening to the next thing in front of us
- The spiritual name Ram Dass bestowed on Jennifer and the unique way she incorporated it into her life
- Jennifer’s AMBIKA Method for exploring six dimensions of wellness
- How she learned Ram Dass had passed and the synchronicities that allowed her to be at his service
1:36:30 – The potent medicine of loving awareness and the angels who helped Jennifer toward coherence healing
- Hallie’s experience witnessing a coherence healing on her retreat with Dr. Joe Dispenza
Website | jenniferbenetato.com
The AMBIKA Method | jenniferbenetato.com/ambikamethod
Jennifer on IG | @jennifer_benetato
Jennifer LinkedIn | linkedin.com/in/jenniferbenetato
Jennifer’s Free Self Care Guide | How to Not Suck at Self-Care
Gabrielle Roth’s 5Rhythms | 5rhythms.com/gabrielle-roths-5rhythms/
Connect with Hallie Rose:
Thought Room IG | https://www.instagram.com/thoughtroompodcast/
Hallie Rose IG | https://www.instagram.com/hallie_rosebud/
Website | www.thoughtroompodcast.com
WAYS TO SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
→ SUBSCRIBE: Apple, Spotify, YouTube
→ LEAVE A SHORT APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: https://kite.link/Review Would you please consider leaving a typed review on Apple Podcasts? It takes less than 60 seconds and even a line or two makes a really big difference in helping to land prominent guests and help others discover the show!
→ SHARE: Spread the word! Text a friend this episode!
Tag @hallie_rosebud @thoughtroompodcast on your IG story or feed