ALSO AVAILABLE ON:
Owen Fitzpatrick is a social psychologist, globetrotting storyteller, and leading expert in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming). He has authored 8 books, travelled to over 100 countries, and his Tedx Talk entitled ‘Mind Control: How to Win the War in Your Head’ has over 1M views on YouTube.
- The three selves: Hidden self, public self, private self
- How not to be boring; gaining a charismatic edge
- The art of influence and persuasion
- ‘Inner propaganda’ and the dark side of your persona
- ‘When you’re depressed you don’t think negatively; when you’re depressed you believe negatively’
- Challenging negative thoughts through asking questions: Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Byron Katie’s The Work
- “I can’t trust myself right now:” How to pivot from a negative thought
- Body budget: the amount of energy you need at a given moment in time
- Gut-Brain connection: does what we eat have a direct impact on how we think?
- What is emotional granularity and how do we improve it?
- Can positive thinking serve as a ‘gateway drug’ to achieving our dreams
- What is Neurolinguistic Programming? (NLP)
- Do rewards motivate people?
- Rewards: Can we influence ourselves by intentionally creating a Dopamine Effect?
- Tricks for motivating yourself to get out of bed in the morning
- What to do when you hit rock bottom
Owen’s Tedx Talk/ Rap on YouTube
Changing Minds Podcast with Owen Fitzpatrick
- The Charismatic Edge: The Art of Captivating and Compelling Communication: An Everyday Guide to Developing Your Own Charisma and Compelling Communications Skills
Owen mentions Brene Brown’s work on vulnerability:
- YouTube: Brene Brown’s TedTalk on The Power of Vulnerability
- Audiobook: The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage
- Book: The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
- Book: Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
Other resources discussed:
- Book: Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- Audiobook Version: Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- Book: How Emotions are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett
- Book: The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
- Book: The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure by Jonathan Haidt
- Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Movie: The Secret
- Book: Punished by Rewards: The Trouble with Gold Stars, Incentive Plans, A’s, Praise, and Other Bribes by Alfie Kohn
- Book: How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Audiobook version: Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
- Book: Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
- Book: Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss
Connect with Owen Fitzpatrick
IG | https://www.instagram.com/owenf23/
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/ofi23/
Website | https://owenfitzpatrick.com/
Changing Minds Podcast |https://changingmindspodcast.com/
Connect with Hallie Rose:
Thought Room IG | https://www.instagram.com/thoughtroompodcast/
Hallie Rose IG | https://www.instagram.com/hallie_rosebud/
Website | www.thoughtroompodcast.com
Email | email@example.com
Subscribe to The Thought Room:
iTunes | https://tinyurl.com/qp3mqnp
Spotify | https://tinyurl.com/wxyzmdw
Stitcher | https://tinyurl.com/wrxv39g
Sign up for the TRP Newsletter | www.thoughtroompodcast.com
Patreon | https://www.patreon.com/thoughtroom
The Thought Room is offered freely and funded entirely by listener support.
All interviews are done in-person for better chemistry, more intimacy, and more powerful storytelling. Donations to this podcast support travel expenses and pay for the fees of our podcast hosting platform.
Click here to support The Thought Room on Patreon so we can keep alchemizing epic magic for thine ears! Your support really makes a difference.
Special thanks to Emmy-Award winning composer Kodomo (Chris Child) for allowing us to use his brilliant track Concept 1 as our theme song.