Erick Godsey is a podcaster, Jungian enthusiast, storyteller, myth-weaver, and dream interpreter extraordinaire. In this episode, he returns to the Thought Room to discuss integrating our waking world with our dreams and how we can expand our social consciousness to create meaningful connections for the collective.
If You Enjoy The Thought Room Please Subscribe and Give Us a 5-Star Rating ★★★★★ and Review on Apple Podcasts.
Sign up for my free 5 Minute Meditation! https://www.hallierose.com/meditation
BetterHelp Online Counseling:
Click here → https://betterhelp.com/thoughtroom
Coupon: THOUGHTROOM for 10% off your first month
Soltara Healing Center:
Click here → http://soltara.co/thoughtroom
$200 off Ayahuasca retreats at Soltara Healing Center with code THOUGHTROOM.
3rd Eye Cacao:
Click here —> https://thirdeyecacao.com/thoughtroom
Why cacao? As an excellent alternative to coffee, cacao is rich in theobromine, a native relative to caffeine. Theobromine’s heart-opening effects energize the body and elevates mood. Third Eye Cacao is organically grown, hand picked and sun-dried. Just boil water— Third Eye Cacao is easy enough for your morning ritual, and pure enough to be used for cacao ceremonies!
Use the coupon code “THOUGHTROOM” for 15% off!
5:45 – Letting old dreams dissolve
- Feeling burdened by the heaviness in the world and our contributions to that heaviness
- Recalibrating how we show up
- Keeping the path while these dreams are dissolving will ultimately be rewarding but it’s challenging while we’re in the thick of the transition between dreams
10:50 – How to navigate the shifting of dreams
- What does it look like to move into a new “game of life”
- Balancing the “poet” and the “doctor”
- Entering a new paradigm that challenges social structures and genetic programming
19:30 – What is the Daemon?
- How to experience a life that is meaningful and contributes to the collective well-being
30:00 – What to do when the mission from the Daemon feels burdensome
- Tune in to what your body wants to express emotionally
- Being earnestly truthful with yourself, those around you, and nature
- Create a ritual of learning and alchemize by sharing your truth
36:00 – Overriding our Defaults to Lead with the Heart
- Giving people the opportunity to hold space for us
49:00 – River of Forgetting / Mystical space of sleeping and dreaming
- What if the dream state is reality and where our real work takes place?
- Part of our elegant and graceful design is to spend time sleeping
- Our innate intelligence explodes forth in our dreams and connects us to other living things
- Learning how to dance with our dreams
62:25 – What do our dreams represent in the waking world?
- What are we doing in our waking world to transform our dreams?
- How can we live awake with open hearts when it can cause a disproportionate amount of suffering?
- Saying “yes” to a feeling or dream doesn’t always mean we like it
1:15:30 – The descent into soul
- Plotkin’s model of the human psyche
- The “Butterfly Moment”
- Find the different parts of you that show up in your dreams and integrate them into your life
1:22:00 – The Dharma Journal
- Connect to your Daemon through meditation
- Create an inner temple to get your sacred message
The Lion Tracker’s Guide to Life – Boyd Varty: “I don’t know where we’re going but I know exactly how I’m going to get there.”
The Kin of Ata are Waiting for You – Dorothy Bryant
Subscribe to The Thought Room:
Apple | https://tinyurl.com/qp3mqnp
Spotify | https://tinyurl.com/wxyzmdw
Stitcher | https://tinyurl.com/wrxv39g
Connect with Hallie Rose:
Thought Room IG | https://www.instagram.com/thoughtroompodcast/
Hallie Rose IG | https://www.instagram.com/hallie_rosebud/
Twitter | https://twitter.com/ThoughtRoomPod
Website | www.thoughtroompodcast.com
Email | email@example.com
Sign up for the TRP Newsletter | www.thoughtroompodcast.com
HELP SUPPORT THIS SHOW!
→ SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts + Spotify + Stitcher + Google Podcasts
→ LEAVE A SHORT APPLE PODCASTS REVIEW: Would you please consider leaving a typed review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? Even a one or two words! It takes less than 60 seconds and really makes a difference in helping to land prominent guests! (https://tinyurl.com/qp3mqnp)
→ SHARE: Spread the word! Share an episode, or tag @thoughtroompodcast on social media–tell us what you liked about this episode!
Patreon | https://www.patreon.com/thoughtroom
Venmo | Send a send a one-time gift via Venmo @hallierose
The Thought Room is a combination of edge-of-your-seat storytelling and groundbreaking interviews with celebrated thought-leaders like Dr. Dennis McKenna, Justin Wren, Erick Godsey, Ollie Ollerton & Dorian Yates and many more from around the world.
Recorded everywhere from hotel rooms in New York City, to a camper van in Maine; from the coastal forests of Costa Rica, to a picnic blanket amongst grapes in a vineyard in Sedona—host Hallie Rose captures rich, face-to-face interviews and intimate storytelling in a variety of eccentric locations.
From musicians to mathematicians, life coaches to psychonauts, PhDs to professional athletes—we’ll invite them all to step into the Thought Room to spill their stories and share their most distilled wisdom. The show covers a breadth of topics including psychology, spirituality, sex & relationships, psychedelics, ayahuasca, non-violent communication, law of attraction, bio-hacking, fitness, nutrition, alternative health, personal development, business & entrepreneurship, mindfulness, yoga, and meditation.
Quotes from my guests on Psychedelics:
“Psychedelics are like a direct portal to the Psyche” – Erick Godsey
“What my experience with psychedelics has taught me is that all the magic is here!” – Kyle Buller
“The medicines have a way of changing one’s perspective powerfully and profoundly.” – Luke Storey
“Psychedelics are not suppressed because they are dangerous to users; they’re suppressed because they provoke unconventional thought, which threatens any number of elites and institutions that would rather do our thinking for us.” – Dr. Dennis McKenna
Quotes from my guests on Consciousness:
“I’m a true believer that our lives are a product of our imagination.” – Ollie Ollerton
“Never let those who lack belief in themselves rob you of yours.” – Dorian Yates
“Your ability to feel good in any kind of environment is up to you.” – Dr. Craig Koniver
Quotes from my guests on Ayahuasca:
“And I am leaving, knowing — I don’t want my dharma revealed to me…I want to create it, I want to walk it, I want to dance it, moment by moment. Thank you, Ayahuasca.” – Erick Godsey
“Ayahuasca is a symbiotic ally of the human species.” – Dennis McKenna
Celebrated guests include Dr. Dennis McKenna, Justin Wren, Erick Godsey, Ollie Ollerton & Dorian Yates.
Hey, you! Yes, you! We need your support! Want to help us land some of our dream guests like Dr. Joe Dispenza, Tara Brach, Rick Doblin, Marianne Williamson? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Leave us a short review on Apple to help us reach our goal of 200 written reviews! Your support really makes a difference. Leave your IG handle in your review to receive a personal thank you message from Hallie Rose.
Want to connect us with a guest for the show? Visit http://thoughtroompodcast.com/contact/